Selfmade Chicken Treats
dried meat. To go easy on the budget and clever on nutrition you can produce chicken treats on your own! The amount of chicken given here is calculated for a 25 kg dog – you easily can scale them according to your
What Do You Need For Chicken Treats?
- Fresh free range chicken breast, 500-700 g
- Knife, chopping board, pot, water, sieve
- Small containers / small freezer bags
1. Wash & Chop
Wash the chicken with lukewarm water and blot it dry.
Chop the chicken into small pieces, remove fat and skin (you can use those
2. Boil & Drain Off
Boil the chicken in plain water for about 5 minutes, no salt or any other spices are needed! After 5 minutes, just pick one piece of chicken and test if it’s done. You want to have the chicken nicely soft, not dry at all. Soft boiled chicken is way easier to work with for our purpose. Drain the chicken in a sieve and let it cool down completely.
3. Shred, Shred, Shred
Now you just shred each chicken piece into even smaller pieces, just between thumb and pointer, it falls apart almost on its own. You want to have really tiny pieces: When rewarding your dog during the training, it’s not about the amount of food, but the taste!
4. Pack Up & Store in Fridge and Freezer
You are nearly done, just pack up the chicken treats in little containers or freezer bags to store them – keep 2 bags ready-to-use in the fridge and the rest you put in the freezer. The bags are really convenient to take on walks with you, if you train outside.
Be considerate and gentle
- Always watch your dog's reaction, his comfort dictates the pace
- Be on your dog's side, literally, so that he knows you have his back
- Keep in mind the safety guidelines of your city and neighborhoods
- Communicate to others that you are training your puppy to ensure a considerate approach with new humans and animals
Follow me on Facebook
Kalitu DOG TRAINING
Angelina Marina Behrendt
+1 778 229 8047
© 2017-2020 Kalitu DOG TRAINING all rights reserved