Selfmade Chicken Treats
dried meat. To go easy on the budget and clever on nutrition you can produce chicken treats on your own! The amount of chicken given here is calculated for a 25 kg dog – you easily can scale them according to your
What Do You Need For Chicken Treats?
- Fresh free range chicken breast, 500-700 g
- Knife, chopping board, pot, water, sieve
- Small containers / small freezer bags
1. Wash & Chop
Wash the chicken with lukewarm water and blot it dry.
Chop the chicken into small pieces, remove fat and skin (you can use those
2. Boil & Drain Off
Boil the chicken in plain water for about 5 minutes, no salt or any other spices are needed! After 5 minutes, just pick one piece of chicken and test if it’s done. You want to have the chicken nicely soft, not dry at all. Soft boiled chicken is way easier to work with for our purpose. Drain the chicken in a sieve and let it cool down completely.
3. Shred, Shred, Shred
Now you just shred each chicken piece into even smaller pieces, just between thumb and pointer, it falls apart almost on its own. You want to have really tiny pieces: When rewarding your dog during the training, it’s not about the amount of food, but the taste!
4. Pack Up & Store in Fridge and Freezer
You are nearly done, just pack up the chicken treats in little containers or freezer bags to store them – keep 2 bags ready-to-use in the fridge and the rest you put in the freezer. The bags are really convenient to take on walks with you, if you train outside.
Recap - Selfmade Chicken Treats
- Chop the chicken into small pieces
- Put them in boiling water for about 5 minutes
- Drain the chicken in a sieve and let it cool down
- Gently shred the chicken with your fingers in smaller pieces
- Store them as you wish in your fridge and freezer
Follow me on Facebook
Kalitu DOG TRAINING
Angelina Marina Behrendt
Phone: +64 20 4138 0797
© 2017 Kalitu DOG TRAINING all rights reserved